Civil Rights - Little Rock

Civil Rights - Little Rock

Thursday, October 9, 2014

First Bear Break Experience


I have wanted to go on a bear break trip after hearing the experience from friends that went on the spring break 2013 trips. Since race is a topic that is commonly talked about I thought it would be nice to learn more of the history of a particular social issue covering race. I know I have great aunts and other family members that remember the civil rights movement so I was excited to get a more in depth experience than just watching a documentary. I really enjoyed the Mosaic Templar Museum it was a very nice establishment full of rich testimony.  Today in a discussion reflecting on today’s activities I was able to discuss feelings that I have towards what went on here in Little Rock, AR. I am so glad times have changed enabling myself to have the many experiences I have had during my lifetime as a African American woman. I look forward to going to Central High tomorrow.


Jasmine Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment