Civil Rights - Little Rock

Civil Rights - Little Rock

Monday, October 6, 2014



Little Rock Fall Break Trip- Expectations 
Tonight at our pre-trip meeting it finally hit me that all of my planning for months would finally be realized in TWO days. Suddenly Little Rock was a destination instead of a place I was planning to go, and after meeting all of the participants and getting the chance to talk with them, I could not be more excited! We have an energetic and goofy group that seems up for anything, which is good because anything really could happen. I am looking forward to the time we will share and the relationships that will be made, and more than anything, to see how this trip affects us all. Civil Rights is always a touchy subject, and it will be a new experience to hear about it from the places where movements actually took place. I am also very excited for our service sites. On Thursday we are getting the chance to work with the Arkansas Children's Hospital, which is 29 city blocks wide, and we are getting the opportunity to tour before we serve! It'll be interesting to hear about all of the services they provide. On Friday we are getting the opportunity to serve at a homeless shelter called Our House. They are a little different than any homeless shelter I have been to before because they provide education and counseling to the people that live there, so it will be inspiring to hear their testimony. All in all I am anxious (in a good way) for Wednesday to get here so we can depart on our adventure!

-Emily Cassimatis: Trip Leader


No comments:

Post a Comment